Healthcare success story
Security application solutions
As the oldest and largest health care services company in the United States, McKesson plays an integral role in the healthcare industry and has a unique vision for its future. McKesson serves more than 50% of American hospitals, 20% of physicians, and 100% of health plans. As the largest pharmaceutical distributor in North America, it delivers one-third of all medications used in the region every day.
McKesson applications are used by a diverse group of people. To better serve their users, the company wanted to radically improve efficiencies while meeting industry-specific security and regulation requirements.
Exadel partnered with McKesson to implement a comprehensive set of security solutions including Corporate Active Directory SSO (single sign-on) and Identity Management UI.
Exadel has an extensive security background and was able to quickly put together the best-suited technology stack for meeting McKesson’s security needs:
- OpenAM (access management, entitlements, and federation server)
- OpenDJ (directory server)
- OpenIDM (identity management system)
- LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- WS-Security (secure web services extension to SOAP—Simple Object Access Protocol)
- Federated security
- SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language)
- STS (Secure Token Service)
- OAuth (authentication protocol)
The business impact value of the set of security solutions Exadel implemented greatly surpassed McKesson’s expectations. The outcome met and exceeded each goal: a high-quality valuable product, reduced costs, improved efficiencies, and high customer satisfaction.